Header

home about fashion photography lifestyle ct

2011 in Review

One of the best things about having a blog is being able to look back on the year gone by. So I may cringe in embarrassment a little at my first posts, or questionable outfit choices, but overall it has been a fun and enjoyable learning curve! I always get butterflies at the end of the year thinking about how time is flying by and yet my 'bucket list' is growing longer. But instead of focusing on the things I haven't yet found time to do, I have decided to look back at some of the highlights of 2011...


♥ Starting my first blog, Give Me Bows
♥ Buying a DSLR and learning about photography
♥ Sewing my first handmade skirts and dresses
♥ Learning so much about my personal style
♥ Celebrating the one-year mark at my workplace
♥ Improving my fitness (thanks to bootcamp and the 30 day shred)
♥ Making friends with some of the loveliest blogger ladies
♥ Exploring our new neighbourhood
♥ Finally reading classic books like Breakfast at Tiffany's and The Old Man and the Sea
♥ Learning the importance of 'me' time (a good excuse for many manicures!)

What are your highlights of 2011? Last but not least, thank you so much for your friendship, sweet comments and helpful tips and advice over the past year, I really appreciate it. I hope you all have a safe and happy new year!

25 comments:

aisha said...

Wow its a very good post. The information provided by you is really very good and helpful for me. Keep sharing good information..
Mercedes Benz C43 AMG AC Compressor

Maria said...

Congratulations on all your successes in 2011 Elyse! Your blog is so much fun to read. You are an excellent writer and dresser and I'm always looking forward to your new posts. Keep it up and I can't wait for more bows in 2012!
xo Maria
http://avenuemaria.blogspot.com

[TeacupGrunge] said...

You have had a wonderful year! I hope you have an amazing 2012 and I cant wait to see more posts on here :) x

Blithely Unaware said...

Beautiful!!

What great achievements... I'm enjoying theses "year in review" posts that people are doing... I might do the same!

xox

That Brunette One said...

gorgeous colours!

Chloe said...

You've certainly had an amazing year! I hope 2012 is even better for you!

Kfedland said...

Some beautiful photo's here.

Amber Rose, Laughing With Broken Eyes said...

I adore you so much and wish we were best friends in real life. :) I'm so glad you started Give Me Bows!

Chloe Jacqueline said...

Awe I am glad you had such a wonderful year! I did as well, despite the hardships 2011 was a year of personal growth!

Amber said...

Im so glad you started your blog this year. I just love your ladylike fashion sense. I am constantly swooning over your dainty dresses!

Kate S said...

Looks like you accomplished a lot! =] I like bows too.

-Kate
WhileISipMyTea.blogspot.com

Mabel said...

What a sweet post! My 2011 was a bit dull, but I'm looking forward to 2012 :)

Mabel
Mabel Time

riotersbloc said...

That's what I love about having a blog too! Happy NY!!!

megcasson said...

Beautiful

- kindoflovely.com

Nina said...

these are such beautiful photos! :) have a happy new year x

Sarah said...

Congratulations on nearly a year with your blog, first of all. It is definitely fun to scroll through my archives and see what I was saying and wearing and doing back in March. Here's to another great year for you and your blog adventures!

Faff said...

Ooh I love your dresses, such a pretty blog :)

Cindy said...

Congratulations your almost anniversary. Your blog is styled beautifully, as are you! I admire how put together and effortless you make it look!

Laura (White Winters) said...

Happy New Year! It sounds like you achieved a lot in 2011!

Laura
whitewinters.blogspot.com

Anniina said...

Too much loveliness in one post, I just love your style so much. You're the most elegant lady! Happy New Year!

patience said...

this really is one of the best reasons to have a blog. it's such a great journal for life!

beautiful photo collage by the way!

hollypop said...

hi love,
you're going to need this website http://www.101cookbooks.com/
for your veggie meals. also did you ever order ottolenghi Plenty cookbook? so good! i use it all the time. xx

Meanz Chan (Koi Story) said...

Love this Elyse. All these photos are so beautiful. I can't wait to see what else you have to offer!

Steff said...

Such pretty photos!

I started the 30 Day Shred in 2011 as well and Holy Heck! It was SO much harder than I thought, but it got me in shape fast!

Elyse (Give Me Bows) said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comments ladies! ♥

Steff - I know, the 30DS was much harder than I had anticipated too! :)

Holly - thank you for the link :D

xxx

Post a Comment

DESIGNED WITH LOVE BY BDD